Spiced Kangaroo Kebabs recipe
served with Mediterranean salad and garlic yoghurt. You're friends will love this!
• 500g Kangaroo Steak, cut in to 2cm cubes
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 tsp ground Cumin
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 chopped Birds Eye Chilli
• ½ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 1 cup Plain Reduced Fat Natural Yoghurt
• Mint Leaves
• 2 Lebanese Cucumbers, chopped
• 1 Red Onion, chopped
• 1 tub Cherry Tomatoes, halved
• ¼ cup Black Olives
• ½ cup Basil Leaves, roughly chopped
• ½ cup Mint Leaves, roughly chopped
• Reduced fat Fetta Cheese, cubed
• 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice
• ½ tsp Dijon or Wholegrain Mustard
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• Combine meat with 1 of the chopped garlic cloves, oil, spices, chilli and lemon juice in a bowl and marinade for 20 minutes. Set aside.
• Thread meat on skewers, leaving a little space between each piece of meat.
• Salad - combine lemon juice, mustard and oil and whisk. Drizzle over combined salad ingredients.
• Pre heat BBQ hotplate or pan, and cook skewers for approx 2-3 minutes each side.
• Mix yoghurt and remaining two chopped garlic cloves together and add a little finely chopped mint.
• Serve skewers with salad and yoghurt on the side.
Garnish with wedge of lemon and Lebanese bread.
Your feedback is important.
If you like our kangaroo meat products, have a kangaroo recipe you would like to share or feel we can improve in any way. Please let us know